Make your own Maggi Taste Maker masala from scratch using spices you have in your home. Add veggies and the your home made masala to plain store bought Hakka noodles and enjoy a healthier version of a desi house hold favorite and staple, Maggi Noodles!
Mix all the dry masalas (spices) in a bowl. Heat the oil in a pan. Add all dry spices and mix for about 1 minute. Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool. Grind to form a fine powder (I used my NutriBullet blender).
PRO TIP: WAIT until the spice mixture cools down to put it in the blender or the mixture won't be as smooth. (I learned the hard way, lol)
1. Boil 3 cups of water and add in the Hakka noodles
2. Cook for 3-4 minutes, drain and set aside.
1. Heat 2 tbsp of canola or vegetable oil in a pan.
2. Once the oil gets hot, add in and roast 1 tsp. Of cumin seeds for 1 minute.
3. Add minced garlic and diced onions.
4. Once the onions become translucent add in diced green peppers and peas.
5. Lastly, add in diced tomatoes
6. Add the veggies to the plain cooked Hakka noodles
PRO TIP: add diced carrots, I didn't have any! I like tangy so I added tomato, but you don't have to. I sauteed the veggies using toasted cumin seeds because my uncle used to make his Ramen noodles that way and they tasted great! I think it adds a kick and GREAT flavor. But you can do without it as well and solely enjoy the DIY Maggi Tastemaker flavor.
TIP: If you do not want to use citric acid granules, you could use 1 tbsp. lime juice after the noodles have been cooked in water.